Welcome to Punjab Livestock & Dairy Development Board
Punjab Livestock & Dairy Development Board (PLDDB) is a non-profit Organization established under Section 42 of the Companies Ordinance, 1984. The PLDDB has been aimed to develop Livestock & Dairy sector of the Punjab while facilitating small & large farmers in production, processing & marketing with the latest infrastructure and modern farming technologies to improve their animals’ genetics and milk/ meat production ratio. PLDDB is also meant to accelerate private investment opportunities in this sector. The whole domain will result-in poverty alleviation and economic growth of the Punjab. The Board is being operated by 4 major wings i.e. Farm Production & Planning, Nutrition Resource Management, Field Service & Capacity Building and Finance & Admin.PLDDB has focused on the up gradation of more than 90% small farmers of the province by providing technical & in kind assistance as per their need, the women empowerment is another added domain of the board & the team is working closely with the women working in Livestock & Dairy Development management. The Board has trained about 600 women Livestock Extension Workers (WLEWs) as master trainer to educate the rural women regarding good livestock practices & better animal feeding resource management. PLDDB is also in joint venture with Women Chamber of Commerce Bahawalpur Division to strengthen the Southern Punjab livestock women workers. To synchronize the efforts of academia with industry PLDDB has join hands with University of Agriculture, Faisalabad University of Veterinary & Animal Science, F.C College University and other stakeholders in their respective combination.
To make Punjab a Livestock-hub for meeting the indigenous demands and to compete the global markets.
To exploit the potentials of Livestock sector as an Economy Engine for the poverty alleviation / employ-ability & transforming into a viable industry through Public Private Partnership.
- Facilitate 71% landless/small holding farmers in shape of silage, training and consultancy.
- Genetic improvement of non-descriptive cattle herd for higher productivity & poverty alleviation.
- Accelerated promotion of livestock in the corporate sector for exploiting the consumer market potentials.
- Promotion of producers controlled co-operative dairy farming.
- Establishment of State of the Art SPU’s.
- Preservation & genetic up-gradation of local breeds to compete international standards/market.
- Adoption and farmers’ facilitation of modern technologies for developing high pedigree pure breed and cross breed cattle herd.
- Providing professional consultation to farmers in all fields of Livestock.
- Arrange trainings, awareness workshops, seminars and academic courses.
- Facilitation of progressive farmers in establishing modern livestock farms.
- Undertaking of Joint Ventures with individuals, firms, companies, institutions & entrepreneurs engaged in livestock, locally or internationally.
- Promotion of Silage & Hay for higher yielding through better Nutrition Resource Management.
- Provision of jobs to young rural men and women under Breed Improvement Technician (BIT) & Women Livestock Extension Workers (WLEW) programs.